Excursion to Chernobyl abandoned zone and Prypyat
Guide services in English throughout the route!
Duration: 2 days / 1 nights
(dinner is included in the cost)
Early departure from Kiev.
First of, we will go to observe the territory of the camp of the 25th brigade of radiation-chemical protection. After that we are going to enter the 30-kilometer zone at the checkpoint “Dityatki”, then taking the bypass road near the nuclear power plant around the city of Chernobyl, built in the first month of the accident. Next, we are going to see the following objects:
1. Deactivated Red Forest, the location of the western radioactive trace from the first, the most powerful ejection from the explosion of Unit 4
2. abandoned village of Zalesye
3. The destroyed radioactive village of Kopachi with the possibility to observe the remaining buildings
4. the city of Pripyat with its:
– Amusement park with “Devil’s Wheel”, city stadium, swimming pool, police department, school № 1, city port with its flooded docks, cinema;
– The building of the fire unit: the firefighters from there were second to come to extinguish the fire at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant on the night of the explosion on April 26, 1986;
– The building of the City Executive Committee – the first headquarters, where people united to work on the liquidation of the consequences of the accident;
– Hotel “Polissya”, which used to play a role of an observation post for the correction of helicopter operations over the ruins of the 4th reactor ;
Lunch in the dining room of the city.
– The hospital, which took care of the first victims of the accident and its liquidation;
5. Chernobyl NPP:
– Sarcophagus – observation deck;
– The fire department of the Chernobyl NPP, the firefighters from there were the first to start fighting the fire after the explosion;
– Park and a memorial near the administrative center of NPP – on this place there was a huge parking lot, where, in 1986, thousands of people were arriving daily to decontaminate nuclear power plants, to build Sarcophagus and to do other work to fight the consequences of the explosion.
– feeding giant catfish in the canals of the NPP cooling pond
– the secret object of Chernobyl-2 with its giant antennas of the radar “Duga-1”
– the secret town of Chernobyl-2, which provided the performance of antennas
– Helicopter airport
– The parking lot of the Unit of Armored Vehicles for radiation reconnaissance;
– The fire department of the city of Chernobyl, whose firefighters came third to extinguish the fire at the Chernobyl nuclear power station on the night of April 26, 1986;
– Exhibition of equipment that participated in the liquidation of the accident
– Accommodation in a hotel in Chernobyl;
– dinner in Chernobyl. Overnight stay.
Breakfast at the hotel.
– More advanced and deep observation and examination of Pripyat city
– Visit to the Chernobyl nuclear power plant
– Crossing the location of the western nuclear outflow – the Red Forest
– Observation of the unfinished cooling towers of the third stage of the Chernobyl NPP
Lunch in Chernobyl.
– Trip to the Chernobyl NPP cooling pond
– Stop by the abandoned experimental base of animal radiobiology
– A drive to the village of Paryshev, where you can communicate with people who have chosen to go back and live there despite all the dangers and without permission of government.
20.00 – 21.00 arrival to Kiev.
Cost of the program:
Prices are quoted in Dollars ($) per person:
GUARANTEED TOUR (from 2 people)!
The price of program includes:
- 1 night at the hotel “Desyatka” in Chernobyl
- 2lunches, 1dinners
- Transportations during the tour
- Insurance for the time of tour
- English speaking guide service
- Excursions with a guide, who has being a participant of the liquidation
- Children under age of 18 are not allowed on the tour under any circumstances, even under supervision of their parents.
- It is very important to bring your passport with you, the same that you used to register for the tour, otherwise you will be denied entrance.
- It is strictly forbidden to wear open shoes and clothes, such as tank tops, shorts, slippers, skirts, t-shirts and any other pieces of clothes, that doesn’t cover your body. You should wear something comfortable and adjusted to the long walks.
- It is also recommended to bring a sun screen, rain coat, hat or any other item, according to the weather conditions.
MORE TOURS & PRICES HERE.
ALL NEWS of “KALIPSO UKRAINE” and TOURIST INFORMATION – ON OUR FACEBOOK.
Inspiration for your future travel!